Sunday, August 13, 2006

Book Report: Venezia Due

I thought that in the coming months, I might do a weird-book report or two. I'm going to start with The Second Venice (Venezia Due) by Askin Ozcan.

I am taking down the original post because Prof. Ozcan protested. I am also deleting his comments about my review. The gist of my post was: I didn't think the book was very good, although I really liked the premise (two huge American corporations build a "second Venice" near the real one). In return, Prof Ozcan said I was, among other things, a "poor reviewer."

I'm sorry if I offended Prof. Ozcan and, to avoid further bad feelings, I took it down. I am not chaning my opinion of the book, however. But, I did break one of my rules: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. In the future, to avoid unintentionally hurting the author, I won't write about a book that I don't like. (hey, I know how it feels--I've had some bad reviews...)

I'm sorry, Prof. Ozcan.

A housekeeping note: I'm not going to be able to visit Weird Venice for the next week. So, in order to prevent spammers from flooding the site, I'm disabling the comments function. So save your comments for September! Enjoy the rest of the summer.

No comments: